------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Safe and Sound ~ Blog Train

When my kids were younger, we played a little game every time we got in the car. It went something like this:

Me or Mike: “Seatbelt check! Megan?” ~ ~ Megan buckles up and says: “Check!”

Me or Mike: “Amber?” ~ ~ Amber buckles up and says: “Check!”

Me or Mike: “Adam?” ~ ~ Adam buckles up and says: “Check!”

Our rule: the car didn’t move until everyone was buckled up and “checked” in. I’ve even surprised co-workers and friends when “seatbelt check” slips out of my mouth when they get in a car with me, but it works! You ride in my car ~ you buckle up! It’s important to me that we all arrive alive, safe and sound! I dedicate this blog train mini kit to seatbelt awareness and 100% use. Here’s my preview ~ you can download my kit here (freebie link removed 11-20-2010).

LetMeScrapbook_SafeAndSound_Preview

The train officially starts November 1. Some kits will only be available as freebies through November 14, so grab them quickly. If you have any problems with the links or this table format, let me know. Enjoy!

1- Stuff to Scrap 12- JKCreations
2- Scrapalicious Cereal 13- Saphira's Scrapdesign
3- Amy Owens Photography and Design 14- Let Me Scrapbook! <-you’re here
4- Memories by Digital Design 15- Pixiepics and Scraps
5- Luna Rosa's Scraps 16- Designs by Snowlady
6- HD Creations 17- A Fish Design
7- Scrappin' Serenity 18- MDK Scraps
8- The Scrappy Kat 19- Jensen Motley Crew Designs
9- Scraps N Pieces 20- CutieFruity
10- Sweet Maple Diary 21- Tricia's Treasures
11- Shel Belle Scraps  

22 comments:

LifeAsDINKers (Ava-J) said...

Hi Maurine, I think that the seatbelt check is a very smart habit to inculcate in your family (and friends), kudos! thank you for the kit too, the doodles are cute!

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Thanks so much.HOW CUTE and with a message too!:)

MoosieD said...

Amen to the seatbelt check!!! If people saw the end results of going through a windscreen they would buckle up very quickly but unfortuately it is always a case of "it won't happen to me". No-one gets to go in my vehicle either if they won't wear a seatbelt. You don't like it don't go in my car.

Thanks so much for the freebie kit.

Stathis Five said...

Thank you.

Kristal said...

Thank you!

Vanessa said...

Thanks for sharing.

Tofu said...

Love it!! I've been looking for a primary colors kit. This will be so great!

Tofu said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this kit. Thank you so much! I've been waiting for these colors.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Blog Trains post on Nov. 01, 2010. Thanks again.

amsangel said...

Thanks for reminding us to buckle up in such a cute way ;) TYFS! (I snagged the Hodge Podge mini too, can't wait to see it!)

lwlittlebit said...

Thanks so much for sharing this pretty kit!

Sophie said...

Thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much!

benziengirl said...

This is really cute! Thanks so much!

Jennifer said...

Such a cute kit! Love your take on it. Thank you.

makeyesup said...

Adorable kit and good theme. Play a little game with my 2 GDs when they are in the car too. We don't move until I hear the work 'when' from each of the. When we get in the car, I usually say, 'say when, I need to hear 3 of them' and that includes myself. If I don't say 'when', they remind me. Thanks for the kit.

MonkingsMusings said...

I was at one point a non-seatbelt wearer do to two major car accidents in our family that had we been wearing a seatbelt our life would be over. The 1st accident happened when I was 4 and had I had on a seatbelt I would have died in the crash but luckily I fell to the floor in the back seat and lived with no injuries. The 2nd was when my mom was hit (drivers door) while driving my car. She flew to the passenger seat which saved her life except for a couple of minor injuries. However, my husband works as a professional truck driver and he harped on me everytime I didn't buckle up. Now I wouldn't dream of letting anyone in my car not wear a seatbelt. Thank you.

Shel said...

Cute--Thanks for sharing!

txgwen said...

Many thanks for the cute kit! I enjoyed the story behind it, too!

Unknown said...

adorable. Thank you.

vw bug said...

Thank you

grambie said...

This is a wonderful theme and cause to dedicate your blog train contribution. Your elements are so precious, and the word tags just on its theme. Thank you for this awesome, colorful, and relevant kit. (Seatbelts can make the difference between tragedy and life.)