------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, June 24, 2011

Happy birthday, Megan!

27 years ago, I embarked on a wonderful journey called motherhood! Thank goodness Megan was my firstborn – she made being a mom so fun and rewarding that it was an easy decision to have more children. I found a great poem about first-born children that perfectly says how we felt much better than I could – it says:

Oh, how we planned and waited for the moment of your birth.

Of all our little miracles, you were the very first.

The first to hold, to raise, to love, and fill our days with fun,

From your first tooth to your first steps, we counted memories one by one.

The years passed by so quickly, and soon we realized,

Dear first born, you were growing up, right before our eyes.

We have cherished every moment and we wanted you to know,

You have brought real joy into our lives, and we love you so!

Thanks for being a great example, sister, daughter, and friend! I hope this year is your very best yet! And the next time you go to Disneyland, I’m going with you! I love you, Megan!

Megan1

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

1 comment:

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Happy Belated Birthday Megan!! Hope you had a Marvelous time for YOUR day!!!:)


Hugs,
Valinda