------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, December 14, 2017

My Grown-Up Christmas List

thestudio_christmasbanner

It’s time for theStudio’s annual Christmas Carol blog train! I’m always excited to see what my fellow designers choose for their song and how they represent it in their kit. Links to their blogs are below my preview.
My inspiration came from one of my favorite Christmas songs. I first heard Amy Grant sing this, and I love her version. I also like this video from Kelly Clarkson because it includes the words so I can sing along.

This song is even more meaningful to me as I reflect back on 2017 and all the heartache and chaos many have experienced: from politics to natural disasters, to the increase in hate and violence here and abroad, to the loss of loved ones and the loneliness or suffering of others. The chorus to this song captures my positive, grown-up year-round list perfectly: “No more lives torn apart, that wars would never start, and time would heal all hearts. And everyone would have a friend, and right would always win, and love would never end. This is my grown-up Christmas list.”

My kit is intentionally not specific or literal to the words in the song, but I hope can be used to capture and record your memories beautifully. If interested, you can download my mini kit here (freebie link removed 1-5-2018). 

LMS_ChristmasList_Preview

NOTE: there are people from many different time zones, so be sure to check back if someone’s post isn’t up yet. These kits will be available as freebies for a limited time only. If you have any problems with the links or this table format, let me know. Enjoy!

1. Digital Scrapbooking Studio 13. Benthaicreations
2. ADB Designs 14. Studio4 Designworks
3. Over the Fence Designs 15. Wendyzine Scraps
4. Manu Scraps 16. The Urban Fairy
5. Angel Hartline Designs 17. Heartstrings Scrap Art
6. Aimee Harrison Designs 18. Berna Datema
7. Zesty Designs 19. Sekada Designs
8. Booland Designs 20. Nibbles Skribbles
9. Butterfly Dsign 21. Let Me Scrapbook (you are here)
10. Jen Maddocks Design 22. Simplette Scrap and Design
11. Kim Cameron 23. Carin Grobe Design
12. Prairie Song Scraps 24. PrelestnayaP Design

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bonjour Maurine,
Merci beaucoup for this delicate Christmas gift.
9 days before THE magic morning, I wish you and your family a "Joyeux Noël" ♪♫♪
C from Paris ♥

makeyesup said...

Pretty kit, thanks. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year. I'm with you, praying for a better year without all the turmoil of 2017.

Kait said...

Thank you very much for the beautiful gift. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

DonnaK said...

Beautiful song. Thanks for giving links so I could hear it. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

beautiful kit. thanks for sharing and merry Christmas to you and yours!

Pam K said...

Lovely song -- yes, we could definitely use some peace! thank you for sharing your creation! May you have a beautiful, peaceful & wondrous holiday! Merry Christmas!

Jerrie said...

Thank You for the pretty gift and the lovely song! I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and a blessed New Year.

craftychic said...

Thank you for the adorable gift :) Merry Christmas!

Gala said...

Большое спасибо за прекрасный набор! Счастливого Рождества!

Mandy said...

I love your kits! Thank you so much! Happy Holidays!

MaryEllen said...

beautiful thank you so very much

scraptraci said...

thank you so much and Happy Holidays and a wonderful 2018

Kathy JH said...

Thank you so much! This is absolutely gorgeous!

Lis said...

Thank you so much for this beautiful kit! Happy Holidays and a great 2018!

Molly said...

Beautiful!! Thank you so much for sharing :) May you and yours have a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

Mary K said...

It's a pretty darling Christmas kit. Love the color combination you've used. Thank you kindly, Merry Christmas to you!

Crystalnva said...

Beautiful THANK YOU bunches :)

R said...

Thank you :)